W. Marks Ltd was formed in 1931 and finished up in 1932 when they rebranded as Radio Corporation of New Zealand.
The business was started in 1930 by Russian immigrant William Markoff (later changed to Willam Marks) to wind / rewind transformers and make amplifiers. By 1931 he had formed the company that would go on to be one of the largest and most successful New Zealand radio manufacturers of its day, and it seems this was his plan all along when in 1932 he changed the company name to Radio Corporation (N. Z.) Ltd