COURTENAY

'Known For Tone'

Courtenay was introduced in 1930 and lasted until 1956.

Coutenay was the original brand name of Radio Corp N.Z. (then known as W. Marks Ltd), and was distributed through Stewart Hardware in Courtenay Place (Wellington) - most likely where the name came from.

After Stewart Hardware shut its doors, Courtenay Radio Ltd was formed in 1933 to distribute the receivers, and then in 1934 Turnbull and Jones Ltd took over distribution, which they held until they pulled out of the radio market in 1956.

Documented Models